Morimoto Bi-xenon FX-R Stage III
Available on backorder
ROUND THREE: Yeah the FX-R Stage III kit has been around for a long time now, but it’s stuck around for a reason. Based on the wise old lumberjack of the Morimoto projector family, the FX-R is the original bi-xenon built for big boys. No threaded shaft for easy retrofitting, nothing tiny about it. This is the kit for the guys who want the best and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty with a dremel.
BI-XENON PROJECTORS: The FX-R 3.0 is the most refined version of Morimoto’s very first bi-xenon projector, and it shows in their picture perfect light output. They use Morimoto’s Kuria optic clear lenses to give them a wide, intense beam pattern with a sharp and colorful cutoff line. The 3.0 version is optimized with a multi-faceted reflector bowl, curved cutoff shield, and the biggest, most reliable bi-xenon solenoid on the business. The FX-R is the biggest Morimoto projector and in some applications may take a little more effort to install, but man are they worth it! As the biggest Morimoto distributor in North America, all projectors are tuned to perfection here in our shop.
SHROUDS: Basically, they’re the trim piece that adds the finishing touch to your new fog light retrofit. They cover the projector after it’s installed to restore the factory-finished look inside the housings. With so many different shapes, sizes, and designs available; we really recommend picking one that suits the geometry inside of your fog lights, and also your personal preference on how they look.
HID BALLASTS: Designed in California by Morimoto’s engineer, Yoshi Ishida, the Morimoto XB 2.0 HID Ballasts are just as good looking on the outside as they are well-engineered on the inside. They are available in both 35w and 50w versions, use proprietary software by the pros at Hylux paired with packaging perfection from the masters at Morimoto. This is today’s most modern iteration of a model that has sold more than half a million units since inception, and we don’t think it can really get any better!
D2S HID BULBS: Homegrown by Morimoto to out-perform any alternatives on the market when installed in projector-based fog light–and it shows. We admit the latest generation XB HID bulbs are pretty impressive when compared to other bulbs, and even older Morimoto bulbs. At the heart of the XB bulbs is their perfectly-aligned 100% Philips quartz glass capsule that houses high quality halide salts from German-supplier Messer. In our annual lux comparison test, they produced nearly the same luminosity (intensity) as the industry benchmark Osram CBI bulbs at 5500K. No, you’re not seeing things here, but yes you will be seeing everything at night.
WIRE HARNESS: As one of the most important parts in any HID lighting upgrade; don’t skimp out when it comes to your wiring. It doesn’t matter how good your ballasts are. How good your bulbs are. If your harness is a piece of crap, when it gives out your fog lights are gonzo. Morimoto’s harnesses are the best on the market and easily worth their premium price compared to cheaper alternatives. No matter which one is right for your application, the harness features triple-sealed central relay packs, 14ga stranded copper wiring, over-molded fittings, and plug-n-play functionality. This will ensure everything properly (and permanently) works with your vehicle’s original in-cabin controls.
OPTIONAL CANBUS HARNESSES: Instead of a traditional relayed harness that draws power from the battery, Morimoto’s Standalone Canbus harnesses use two individual sub-harnesses to keep a load on the factory wiring. Recommended for vehicles that recognize when a bulb is out, these contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying “bulb out” warnings. We generally recommend them for use on most modern European applications instead of normal harnesses since they do a great job at providing stable power to the ballasts and canceling bulb out warnings.
OPTIONAL LED HALOS: Though LED halos may not be for everybody, if you’re looking for the cleanest, most simple, most reliable setup, we highly recommend the Profile Performance Pivot Halos. Not only are they the brightest, most uniformly lit halos currently on the market, but they double as a switchback turn signal with your blinker circuit. The integrated controllers are extremely easy to setup with only three wires (white, amber, and ground) and allow you to run the white mode continuously until interrupted by the signal–at which point they will blink amber. Once the signal stops, the Pivot ring will automatically switch back to its pure white mode.
OPTIONAL HOUSING SEALANT: Protection is priceless! When you’re putting together a set of high-end fog lights, the last thing you want is moisture in ’em the first time it rains outside. RetroRubber is the most effective way to make sure the original seal is fully restored. For the small price, why anybody wouldn’t prevent their new fog lights from fogging up is beyond us. It’ll be the best twelve bucks you’ve ever spent.
TRUSTED: For more than a decade, we’ve worked hard to earn our killer reputation. Car guys world-wide know that TRS carries the internet’s best selection of high performance automotive and powersport lighting products at the best prices, and we’ve got the best, most knowledgeable team of real enthusiasts to help back it up. If we sell it, then you bet we’ve put it to the test on our own cars, trucks, and bikes. Need a recommendation on parts for your project? Got a tech question? Wholesale inquiry? Contact Us
- PROJECTORS: 2x Morimoto FX-R 3.0
- SHROUDS: 2x Your Preference
- HID BALLASTS: 2x Morimoto XB35 or XB55 D2S
- D2S HID BULBS: 2x Morimoto XB
- WIRE HARNESS: 1x Your Preference
- OPTIONAL HOUSING SEALANT: 1x Morimoto RetroRubber
- OPTIONAL LED HALOS: 2x Profile Pivot
- WARRANTY: 5 Years (35w) or 3 Years (50w)
- APPLICATIONS: Universal / Size Allowing
- CAPABILITIES: Bi-Xenon
- PROJECTOR WIDTH: 112mm
- PROJECTOR HEIGHT: 95mm
- PROJECTOR DEPTH: 140mm (2.5in) or 155mm (3.0in)
- PROJECTOR LENS: 2.5 or 3.0 inches
- WIRE HARNESS: Match your original bulb size
- SHROUDS: All except ‘Mini’ models & Panamera LED
- LED HALOS: Varies according to shroud style
- APPLICATION: HID and LED projectors are street legal in the USA for Fog Light use only. Not compliant with DOT / FMVSS108 and not street legal in the USA for Headlights. Legal for off-road use in Snowmobile and ATV headlights and off-road racing use only auxiliary or forward lighting. International street legality varies by country. For detailed clarification on street use, CLICK HERE Note: This usage regulation is not unique to Morimoto projectors. All LED and HID projectors from all other brands, regardless of marketing claims, are prohibited from street use in halogen headlights in the USA. To find street legal LED headlight assemblies, CLICK HERE
- HOMOLOGATION ECE: NO
- DOT/SAE/FVMSS108: NO (NOT STREET LEGAL IN HEADLIGHTS IN USA)
- OPERATING RANGE: -40C to +125C
- XB BALLAST INPUT: 9-32VDC
- XB BALLAST OUTPUT: 85VAC 35/50W
- XB BALLAST MAX V: 25kV (at start-up)
- XB35 BALLAST LIFESPAN: 2500 Hours
- XB55 BALLAST LIFESPAN: 2000 Hours
- 3000K BULBS: Golden Yellow (~2800 lm)
- 4500K BULBS: Warm White (~3500 lm)
- 5500K BULBS: Pure White (~3400 lm)
- 6500K BULBS: Cool White (~3200 lm)
- XB55 50W BALLASTS: (+20% intensity) (-1000K color)